Opposition MDC leader, advocate Nelson Chamisa has rescued political careers of some losing party bigwigs by appointing them to new roles at the national council meeting held yesterday.
Below is the list of new appointments:
- Douglas Mwonzora (former MDC secretary general): Deputy Secretary for International Relations
- Morgan Komichi (former VP): Secretary for Presidential Affairs.
- Elias Mudzuri (Former vice president): secretary for Local Government.
Below are some major appointments made by Chamisa:
- Murisi Zvizwai: Deputy Treasurer-General.
- Daniel Molokela: Spokesperson (Infomation)
- Luke Tamborinyoka: Deputy Spokesperson (information)
- Gladys Hlatwayo: Secretary for International Relations
- Jacob Mafume: Secretary for Elections.
- Fadzai Mahere: Secretary for Education, Sports, and Culture
Political analyst, Pedzisai Ruhanya commented on the new appointments and said that every post matters in a democratic struggle. Posting on Twitter, Ruhanya said:
MDC people should know that what matters is not the position one has been appointed to serve by MDC leader
@nelsonchamisa but what one does with that assignment. Every post matters in a democratic struggle. The politics of positions matter less in this struggle for democracy.
More: Open Parly ZW
Jacob Mafume is a Zimbabwean politician who is a member of the People’s Democratic Party formerly the MDC Renewal Team party where he is the party spokesperson. Read More About Jacob Mafume
Elias Mudzuri is a Zimbabwean engineer, politician and member of parliament for Warren Park. He is a former mayor of Harare, and was the minister of energy in the Government of National Unity. He is a member of the MDC-T led by Morgan Tsvangirai for… Read More About Elias Mudzuri
Read More About Luke Tamborinyoka
Douglas Mwonzora is a lawyer, politician and senator representing Movement for Democratic Change in parliament. Mwonzora is currently Secretary General of the MDC Alliance. He was the COPAC Co-Chairperson representing the opposition parties in the drafting of the new constitution in 2013, the other chairperson… Read More About Douglas Mwonzora
Read More About Morgan Komichi
Read More About Nelson Chamisa